Friday, April 23, 2010

Mastodon

I checked out Mastodon and Between the Buried and me the other day and I was very impressed by both bands live sets. It was an excellent night of music. It definitely got my creative juices flowing again to write new music. I love when that happens. We here at Slam One Down definitely want to write music from all different styles and we don't ever want to box ourselves into one style. I would love to implement more progressive type riffs into our songs, but of course S1D style!
....funny story though...both bands stopped in the middle of the set to yell at either people in the crowd or their road crew. BTBAM- yelled at someone in the crowd for cursing at them. Mastodon's Brett Hinds, started yelling at his roadies' saying that they get paid too much money to tune his guitars and they must have been out of tune. Then he yelled at the sound board engineer and told him to lower the subs, because he couldn't hear anything. I understood what they were going through. It sucks when you get rude people or you can't get into the vibe of your own music, due to technical diffuculties. However, it totally disrupted the vibe. One lesson I learned is always keep the party going, never let your emotions get the best of you. Nothing is perfect, but the fact you are up there and playing live and playing in front of 2000 people should be all you need. -J.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment